Sitecore Senior Software Developer
Life at Mando Agency is fast-paced and we have high expectations of each other. We live and breathe the digital solutions we’re working on, and take our responsibilities to our customers very seriously. That doesn’t mean we’re machines though .... It’s really important to us that we have a culture of looking out for one another and create a positive environment for us all.
We've taken some time to think about who we are. Our internal values are the principles we benchmark ourselves against, as individuals and as a team. They align us and inform how we perform and guide the quality control of what we deliver. They are also values to inspire and encourage development of skills.
We are curious, collaborative momentum makers - does this sound like you?
We’re looking for somebody to develop household name websites and mobile applications using C#, ASP.NET, HTML and related technologies, to a high level of quality and in adherence to departmental standards and practices.
Working from our Head Office in Central Liverpool, our London office in Soho Square or our Manchester office, the choice is yours
You are a diligent and careful developer who strives to get work right the first time. You enjoy the challenge of picking up new languages and technology platforms, and sharing what you know with others. You’re a pragmatic programmer who understands that development problems are about choices and trade-offs, and there is seldomone right answer.
ANALYSIS AND DEVELOPMENT
- Implement public facing websites and intranets (often through the use of web content management systems) to allow clients to publish content and take control of the solutions delivered by Mando.
- Write high-quality code which is delivered to agreed timescales and in line with the departmental coding and development standards.
- Provide estimates of effort for solution implementation, at key points in the application lifecycle, for the purposes of cost proposals and project delivery planning.
- Timely and clear reporting on the status of project tasks and quickly and constructively escalating incomplete or ambiguous information that may affect project deadlines or quality.
- Communicating technical decisions and recommendations clearly and effectively to internal stakeholders.
- Working with the consultancy team providing technical input into the blueprint and solution specification for a project.
Your skills and experience
- ASP.NET MVC and Web Forms·
- Developing data-driven web solutions using recent versions of Microsoft SQL Server
- Object oriented analysis and design; design patterns and SOLID principles of OO development
- Solid Sitecore experience is essential in this role (SharePoint Umbraco, EPiServer, OpenText or similar are also beneficial)
- Familiarity with web security risks and common vulnerabilities such as SQL injection and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Source control using Git. Ideally experience of using BitBucket, GitHub or similar for Pull Request and code review functionality.
- Microsoft certifications in application development (c#, ASP.NET, HTML5)
Working out of our London or Liverpool offices .. or a combination of the two if that suits you!
As an accredited Investors in People business and holders of the Workplace Wellbeing Charter We value and appreciate the well being of our staff, and offer benefits that we feel contribute to everyone having a better life, for example:
* Free fruit
* Flexible working day
* Exciting social calendar
* Enhanced holidays
* Enhanced pension contributions
* Training and development budget available for all staff
* Health cashback plan
* Cycle to work scheme
* Annual rail pass scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Discounted gym membership
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!