Head of UX
Working from our Head Office in Central Liverpool, our London office in Soho Square or our Manchester office, we are looking for a a Head of UX to review our needs and recruit additional key roles to establish a new UX function that can scale with customer demand and our ambitions.
You are the driving force behind Mando’s UX capability; reimagining, growing and developing a team that can support our mission to simplify people’s lives using digital tools and services. You support this mission in the context of Mando combining best practice UX with leading customer experience technologies to service our customers, typically enterprise organisations within regulated industries who are experiencing the challenge of increasing customer expectations and are often hindered by legacy technology platforms.
You add real business value to our customers, and their customers, through any experience we design, and to do this you create a culture around you that inspires and encourages your team to perform at their best, learning from you and each other.
You understand the end-to-end development lifecycle and how UX fits into wider delivery processes. You have a respect for the constraints and challenges that working with technology brings and are committed to your team achieving great customer experiences in partnership with the whole studio team.
- Build and retain UX talent in line with our business goals, supporting people through one-to-ones, training, performance management, team updates and ad hoc interventions. Manage UX contractor or partner resources and work with production management function to get the best outcome for Mando
- Provide governance to the UX team across the full range of client engagements from small optimisation changes to major new online applications, ensuring that our UX offer is fit for purpose and delivered to the quality our customers expect
- Develop/enhance the UX offering at Mando to improve customer satisfaction and increase revenue, creating easily productised services as far as possible
- Refine and improve the methodology and tools for UX to simplify, reduce risks and create value
- Champion what good looks like within the team
- Maintain a clearly prioritised UX team backlog – aligned to our business plan – to feed into our monthly planning for non-billable work time
- Produce UX deliverables for strategic client projects or programmes, and act as the primary client point of contact for UX (NOTE: this is assumed to be on occasion and where necessary, especially during early stages as the team is recruited)
- You sit on Mando’s Operational Leadership Team (OLT), contributing your perspective and efforts to all aspects of wider day-to-day management of the business to make it successful
- You support sales and marketing outcomes through shaping and refining the collateral we produce around our UX offering
- You support sales opportunities regarding UX both directly (on key accounts) and indirectly (through guiding pitch teams)
- You champion UX to the rest of the business in order to build effective interactions across teams and smooth the delivery process
- You have experience of setting up and managing a UX team, ideally within a digital agency
- You can demonstrate excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have significant experience of the end-to-end development lifecycle
- You can manage Stakeholder relationships effectively, identifying requirements and managing expectations
- You have expert understanding of interaction, usability and visual user interfaces/design principles and the tools required
- Enhanced holidays starting at 25 days and increasing each year of service, up to 30 days plus bank holidays
- Flexible working day outside of our core 10am – 4.30pm working day
- Exciting social calendar, including ad-hoc lunches & 3 main Mando events per year
- Pension plan, including enhanced company contributions
- Private medical insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Clear progression plan, via our annual review process
We’re constantly improving the experience of working at Mando in line with our Investors in People accreditation. We value and appreciate the well-being of our staff, and offer benefits we feel contribute to everyone having a better work-life balance.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!